Street Cafe Permit

If you want to place tables and chairs on a public footway you are required to obtain a Street Cafe Permit.

If anything is placed on the public road without first obtaining a permit an offence is committed under Section 58 of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984.

To place anything on a Trunk Road in Girvan or Maybole, you should obtain a licence from Amey who operate and maintain the trunk road network in South West Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government.


Street Cafe Permit (East Ayrshire) £77
Street Cafe Permit (South Ayrshire) £84


Before considering an application Ayrshire Roads Alliance must receive the required supporting documentation. We would expect to process your application within five working days on receipt of your application. 

The Ayrshire Roads Alliance must process your application before a permit can be granted. An obstruction cannot be placed on a public road without the permission of Ayrshire Roads Alliance.


Street Cafe Permit - Application 

Contact Information 

Phone: 01563 503 160


Address:  Ayrshire Roads Alliance, Opera House, 8 John Finnie Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1DD