Permission to Execute Roadworks

If you want to place private apparatus such as a sewer connection or water supply connection in the public road you are required to obtain permission to execute roadworks.

If private apparatus is placed in the road without first obtaining permission then an offence is committed under Section 110 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991

To place private apparatus on the A76 or A77 Trunk Road, you should obtain permission from Amey who operate and maintain the trunk road network in South West Scotland on behalf of Transport Scotland.

For further information contact our Asset Management and Roadworks team


Permission to execute roadworks (East Ayrshire) £278
Permission to execute roadworks (South Ayrshire) £295


Before considering an application Ayrshire Roads Alliance must have received all the required supporting documentation before the application is considered lodged.

An obstruction cannot be placed on a public road without the permission of Ayrshire Roads Alliance.


Section 109 - Permission to Execute Works 

Intention to Execute Roadworks - Contractor Proforma

Notification of Reinstatement 

Contact Information 

Phone: 01563 503 160


Address:  Ayrshire Roads Alliance, Opera House, 8 John Finnie Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1DD