H Bar Marking - Conditions
1. Where obstruction takes place on a regular basis the resident should, in the first instance, provide a small sign at their boundary requesting that drivers 'keep clear' of the driveway. If this is ineffective the resident should then contact Police Scotland for assistance.
Download an example 'keep clear' sign.
2. Police Scotland incident numbers must be provided to show that obstruction is ongoing despite complying with the above condition.
3. Applications for an H-bar marking must include evidence (photographic) of a continual obstruction problem after the keep clear sign is in place.
4. A fee is payable upon installation of your marking.
(4.1) The above fee will be waived for Blue Badge holders. Applicant must provide a copy of their blue badge to qualify.
5. The cost of all future maintenance of the H-bar marking will be at the applicant’s expense (unless item 4.1 has been satisfied).
6. The marking must be provided by the Council’s approved road marking contractor and may form part of a larger package. Markings are provided as soon as possible but not immediately.
7. The applicant must not park on the markings outside their driveway. Such behaviour undermines the effectiveness of the marking. The Council will remove any marking that is persistently being misused by residents or their visitors.
8. Justification for an H-bar marking will be determined by Council officers after consideration of the submitted evidence, displacement of the parking, sightline obstructions and any nearby parking restrictions.
Phone: 01563 503 160
Address: Ayrshire Roads Alliance, Opera House, 8 John Finnie Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1DD