Ayrshire Roads Alliance Logo
Delivering a shared Council roads and transportation service across East and South Ayrshire

Street Cafe Permit

If you want to place tables and chairs on a public footway you are required to obtain a Street Cafe Permit.

If anything is placed on the public road without first obtaining a permit an offence is committed under Section 58 of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984.

To place anything on a Trunk Road in Girvan or Maybole, you should obtain a licence from Scotland TranServ who operate and maintain the trunk road network in South West Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government.


You can download a paper copy of the Guidance and Conditions for a Street Cafe Permit and paper Street Cafe Permit Application Form or apply below..

  • Details of Applicant
  • Name
  • Address


How much does it cost?

Locations and costs
East Ayrshire 73
South Ayrshire 73

What happens next?

Before considering an application Ayrshire Roads Alliance must receive the required supporting documentation. We would expect to process your application within five working days on receipt of your application. 

The Ayrshire Roads Alliance must process your application before a permit can be granted. An obstruction cannot be placed on a public road without the permission of Ayrshire Roads Alliance.

Contact Information

Contact us
Phone 01563 503 160
Email  enquiries@ayrshireroadsalliance.org

Ayrshire Roads Alliance

The Opera House

8 John Finnie Street