Disabled Persons Parking Place - Terms and Conditions
1. The applicant must be a qualifying person who holds a current Disabled Person’s Blue Badge.
2. An applicant’s address must be the same as the registered address of the registered keeper of a vehicle which is suitable for the carriage of the individual.
A copy of the relevant Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) must accompany the application form.
Applications will not be considered without a copy of the appropriate V5C.
If you are a Motability customer, you can request a copy of your V5C by contacting Motability and providing your vehicle details or customer reference number.
3. The applicant should be either the driver of the vehicle or a passenger who cannot be left unattended;
OR it must not be possible for a vehicle to stop safely to pick up or set down the applicant without a bay.
4. There must be no driveway/hard standing/garage or lock up adjacent to the dwelling.
5. The Disabled Parking Place will not be provided where it is feasible to form off-road parking adjacent to the dwelling i.e. there must be insufficient garden area to form a driveway or hard standing adjacent to the dwelling.
6. Any Disabled Parking Place provided should not be considered as a parking space reserved for the sole use of the applicant or any other individual.
7. The applicant must inform Ayrshire Roads Alliance if the bay requires renewal or for any reason is no longer required.
Renewals require the applicant to complete a new application.
Ayrshire Roads Alliance as the Roads Authority
1. Ayrshire Roads Alliance must decide whether it is possible to identify a suitable on-road parking place from which there is convenient access to the applicant’s address.
2. The provision of the Disabled Parking Place must not compromise safe and efficient traffic management locally.
Phone: 01563 503 160
Address: Ayrshire Roads Alliance, Opera House, 8 John Finnie Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1DD